Posted March 15, 2023
Location: Fully Remote (U.S.)
Overtime Status: Full Time; Exempt
Reports To: Operations Manager
Starting Salary Range: $61,000-77,000
Desired Start Date: June 5, 2023
Hours Per Week (Average): 40
Application Deadline: April 16, 2023
RAD promotes the continued existence and resiliency of the U.S. abortion delivery sector so that abortion seekers have timely and equitable access to quality abortion care. We distribute resources to abortion providers to maximize abortion access. Our resources include funding and free technical support, free legal services, and funder services. RAD has delivered resources to over half of the country’s independent abortion providers, supporting clinics in almost 50 states. Our strategic, pragmatic, and impact-focused team brings over 100 years of combined experience in reproductive health and abortion rights, and currently includes 13 full-time staff members working remotely across the U.S.
The Operations Coordinator (OC) supports our organization’s excellence by performing significant administrative and coordinating duties as part of a small and dynamic operations team. The Operations Coordinator is responsible for independently managing a range of every day administrative duties that include: tracking and processing payments to vendors and staff reimbursements, coordinating conference exhibiting and sponsorship; and supporting both external communications and internal information-sharing. The Operations Coordinator will carry out these duties in alignment with established protocols and processes, coordinating with other staff as needed.
We also expect the OC to support the evolution of our operations by bringing attention to system shortcomings, identifying emerging needs, and contributing to efforts to address these in a team environment.
RAD staff work as a nimble and fast-paced team. This position has regular ongoing responsibilities but is also flexible and adapts quickly to changing priorities.
Responsibilities and Tasks
Contracts, Expenses, and Payments
- Manage all RAD staff expenses and receipts, submitting all employee expense reports in a timely manner on a monthly basis.
- Manage all stages of the contract lifecycle from beginning to end, ensuring contacts are accurately maintained and conform with fiscal sponsor requirements. Support staff to generate scopes of work, draft and execute contracts and contract renewals, manage and track contract status and payments.
- Support execution of other non-contract, but formal/binding agreements (e.g., MOUs, retainers, etc.)
- Coordinate conference exhibiting and sponsorship; manage preparatory and on-site logistics including conference registration, securing sponsorship and space, tracking and supporting staff travel, shipping, set-up, and staffing.
- Manage RAD-hosted webinars, including scheduling, registrations, and technology.
- Facilitate staff meetings and support Operations Manager to identify content and create agendas.
- Support recruitment of new staff by managing job postings, fielding candidate inquiries, logging and sorting applications and reviewing resumes, conducting phone screens, and scheduling and supporting interviews.
- Maintain hiring documents and files related to candidate recruitment.
- Identify potential improvements to the hiring process after each round and elevate these to the Operations Manager.
- Support RAD’s culture of care by ordering flowers for birthdays, bereavements, 5-year anniversaries, first days, and last days.
Internal Information Sharing and External Communications
- Ensure staff have access to relevant internal information and policies, and that operational processes are documented, by managing and maintaining RAD’s Resources Hub and Operations Hubs.
- Primary responsibility for maintaining RAD’s website, in collaboration with an external consultant. Work with staff to create new content; upload and update shared resources and other website assets.
- Independently manage and execute RAD’s contact-management process, including contact-creation and regular clean up.
- Coordinate and send mass emails.
- Review externally published materials for clarity and consistency.
- Regularly monitor and report on communications data related to website analytics and mass emails.
- Support the creation and maintenance of organization’s branding assets, publications, presentations, and conference swag.
General Administration and Technology
- Lead point person in administrative support for all of RAD, elevating technology and other items as needed to the Operations Manager.
- Provide as-needed technology support by assisting with technology research and, when requested, purchasing equipment and software.
- Other duties as assigned, within reason.
Required Experience, Knowledge, Skills, and Attributes
- Minimum 3 years of experience (5 years preferred) in administrative coordination and/or support.
- Able to independently and effectively prioritize and efficiently handle multiple, simultaneous and complex tasks. This includes being able to anticipate needs, identify barriers, and offer solutions proactively.
- Able to work independently; knows when to elevate items that need further consideration.
- Highly organized, follows-through, and is detail-oriented.
- Experience, enthusiasm, and demonstrated aptitude for taking on new challenges– including learning new software and tools.
- Can flex and adapt to the demands of a fast-paced environment with evolving needs.
- Able to stay focused while working remotely, with occasional in-person meetings.
- Proficient with Google applications (including Gmail, Google drive, Google docs, and Google sheets), Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Team player with a commitment to reproductive rights, protecting abortion access, and equity.
- Handles sensitive information with the highest degree of integrity and confidentiality.
- Strong oral and written communicator.
Valued Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Ability
All of the below are pluses, but not skills we require from candidates.
- Experience working in a start-up environment, particularly a non-profit organization.
- Experience in the reproductive health field that is applicable to the essential responsibilities listed above.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Experience with Adobe Illustrator, Canva, sending emails via Salesforce, and WordPress.
- Former project management training.
Starting salary range for this position is $61,000-77,000. Maximum salary with tenure is $93,000 and is adjusted annually for inflation.
Hopewell Fund offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes 100% employer-paid health, dental, and vision insurance for employees (and their families). Employees are able to enroll in a 401k retirement plan and are eligible for a 3% automatic contribution and up to a 3% employer match on 401k contributions. Employees are also eligible for pre-tax transportation benefits. Employees will receive 160 hours (4 weeks) of vacation time, 80 hours of health leave, up to 2 days of casual leave, and 20 hours of volunteer leave annually. Employees will also receive 13 paid holidays throughout the calendar year. Employees are eligible for 12 weeks of paid family and medical leave after 90 days of employment. All employees of Hopewell Fund are required to complete timesheets.
Additional benefits include:
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Base-term life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Flexible spending account for medical and dependent care
- Up to $1500/year (gross) remote work stipend
- Up to $500/year for professional development
- Up to $200 for a new smartphone every 2 years, and up to $75/month for cell phone plan
How to Apply
Submit your application by clicking on the “Apply For This Position” link below. Please submit a resume, cover letter that describes your interest in the position and what you would bring to this role, and fill out the short application questions. All material submissions are due by April 16, 2023. Due to our limited staff, please no application inquiries via phone or, email. If you require additional accommodations to submit your application, please email [email protected]. Resume reviews and phone screens will be conducted on a rolling basis, and first round interviews will start the week of April 24.
Hopewell Fund and RAD believe in the power of diverse and inclusive organizations. We strongly encourage candidates from across the full spectrum of identity, background, and experience to apply.
Hopewell Fund Careers
Resources for Abortion Delivery is a project of Hopewell Fund, a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. Hopewell Fund is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. Hopewell Fund’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.
The physical requirements of this position are as follows: job duties may be modified as necessary to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with a disability.
- Ability to operate a computer and use a cellphone.
- Employee may be asked to communicate with external stakeholders of the organization in person, via the telephone, or via email.
- Working from the computer virtually for long periods of time.
- Employee may be asked to travel to in-person meetings in the U.S. up to 3 times a year.
To center the safety and well-being of its employees, Hopewell Fund requires that any employee who is required to conduct in-person activities for their job must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 within four weeks of their start date. This position may require candidates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, except as otherwise prohibited by relevant state or local law. Accommodations may be sought and approved in accordance with the law by contacting human resources at [email protected]